I am a freelance-musician, composer, and music producer with the guitar as the main instrument.
Master of Music Performance completed in 2011 at the University of Agder, Norway.
Sonology studies at the Norwegian Academy of Music, class of 1993.
Bachelor in Music Performance plus Science of Education at The Music Conservatory in Kristiansand, Norway in the years 1988-1991.
As a performing artist:
I have participated on more than 150 recordings with different bands/artists. Here are some:
- Boschamaz: “This is not Sweden” (Hecca/Division records) 2007
- Piston Ltd.: “Domestic Engine” (Hecca/Division records) 2007
- Boschamaz: “Rød” (Hecca/Division records) 2011
- Westaman: (Hevhetia records) 2014
- Annbjørg Lien: “Khoom Loy”
- Eivind Aarset Live Extracts “:
- Mari Boine: “Sterna Paradisea”
- Mari Boine, ‘ The Kautokeino Rebellion “
- Xploding Plastix, “Treated Timber Resist Root”
- Wibutee: “Play Machine”
- Anneli Drecker: “Frolic”
- Jan Bang: “Pop killer”
- Beady Belle: “Home”, “Closer”
- Room: “Imaginary Borders»
For more info: see separate discography.
I have collaborated and collaborate with:
Mari Boine, Eivind Aarset, Annbjørg Lien, Xploding Plastix, Anneli Drecker (Bel Canto), Silje Nergaard, Kris Kristofferson,
Gareth Jones (Depeche Mode) Rita Eriksen, Jan Bang, Erik Honoré, Iver Kleive, Madrugada, Sissel, Sigbjørn Nedland,
Scott Gorham, Kjetil Bjørnstad, Kristiansand Symphony Orchestra and others.
As a composer:
- the ballet performances “Thirteen” (2001), “Siri and Snelle Land” (2006)
- “Face to face”, program series on NRK with Morten Krogvoll (2003-2010)
- Tv2 TV series “Best Without The Ball” (2003)
- “Red Feather Campaign” (2004)
- documentary film “Wocene – my last favorite” (2003) which appeared in the short film festival in London in 2003 and Nordisk Panorama festival in Sweden, the same year
- Informational film, commercials
- I work with Norwegian agencies like Egg & Bacon and This And That and for composing music for various film productions
- Norwegian Mountain Museum in Lillehammer (2004)
- Works for Chamber Choir and electronics, commissioned work for GE-Health’s opening of a new factory in Norway (2005)
- “Wanted”- a Nordic Film production released in 2006
- “Colours”, documentary series for television (2006)
- “Luxury Trap”, a Rubicon production. (2008-2011)
- “Spatial Potential”, Sørlandets Arts Museum, premiere in 2011.
- Commissioned work: Ryvingen Lighthouse, a Lighthouse museum (2012)
- Commissioned work: sound installation in connection with the closure of a ship factory (2012)
I was the initiator, composer and arranger of “Water Bass” concerts with a boat motor as a starting point.
This manifested itself as a composition in collaboration with Xploding Plastix, and colleague Erland Dahlen. The concerts were performed in august 2004 boat motors on stage. Recording and release of the project has been realised under Piston Ltd. with support from Fund For performing Arts. The album “Domestic Engine” was released November the 12th 2007 and received good reviews in national media.
I have a duo – Boschamaz- along with Erland Dahlen (drums). The duo has toured Norway, Sweden and the United States. The Debut Album “This is not Sweden” (Hecca/Division Records) released in April 2007 and was very well received with great reviews in the national media. The second album “Rød” was released in May 2011 and did also receive great reviews.
I work frequently with dancers in different constellations, i.e. duets for dancer and guitarist. I have also been involved in various projects at the The Norwegian College of Dance. I participated at the CODA Festival (contemporary dance festival) in October 2002 and 2008 and under “October Dance” (contemporary dance festival) in 2004. I worked as a composer and musician in the dance performance “Country” at the Black Box Theatre in Oslo in November 2006. I also worked as musician and partly composer in the dance performance called “Jesus said, you go Maria, I want no more …” with the music of Mari Boine. (2008 and 2010)
Previously received support from:
- Fond For Performing Artists (travelling scholarship, 1997)
- Fund For Audio and Video (supporting tour 2001)
- State Scholarships (establisher support 2002)
- Vest-Agder County (artist scholarship 2004)
- Municipality (cultural award 2004)
- The State Grants (2008)
- Norwegian Culture Council (project support 2010)
- Vest-Agder County (project support 2010)
I have also contributed to several tv shows; either as a musician or composer.